Author Topic: The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!  (Read 13840 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!
« on: 01/18/17 13:07 UTC »
Tomorrow is the day guys! First off, everyone drive carefully! I don't think we have any arriving by air this time. This is a plan of action starting with those who are early birds on Thursday....

Drive to Waverly, Iowa. I think most will be arriving on US Highway 63. Waverly is west of Highway 63. The road entering the town of Waverly is also Bremer Avenue. The Cobblestone is located on the left side of Bremer as you travel into the city, parking is at the rear of the Inn.

Check-in at the Cobblestone Inn, 208 E. Bremer Ave. Waverly, Iowa.  Phone is #1-319-352-1311 The meeting Room located just across the corridor from the front desk has been reserved for us to informally gather. At around 6:15 PM we will move down the street two blocks to the Water Street Grill at 102 W Bremer Ave. Its simple to get to by continuing down Bremer Avenue across the bridge over the Cedar River, then crossing the street. The Grill is right there.  At the Grill  we'll more formally do the intros and hang out until they close at 9PM. Directly across the street from the Cobblestone there are a couple of watering holes where we can migrate to and people can hits rooms as they please after the grill closes.

Friday morning the Cobblestone has a light breakfast for guests. People should be thinking of taking the drive to the Do-It facility along about 8:15 or so.  The address for the Do-It plant is 501 North State Street, Denver, Iowa. 50622. Phone number is 1-319-984-6055. Simply take the drive back to US Highway 63 from Waverly and exit the right turn before crossing the overpass. Get into the left, or inside lane, right away. Take the very first left off 63, then an immediate right. Do-It will be found about 1/4 mile down on State Street to the left. Enter the front door and let the ladies know who you are and that you are there for the get-together group. Be very nice to these girls! They make this place run! Inside you'll be shown to the meeting room and from there its off to the races.

Coffee, rolls, introductions and a welcome start the morning off. Somewhere around 9 or 9:30 well be taken on a tour of the facility. When the tour is completed we will run to downtown Denver for some lunch. Hopefully we'll be back at the corner saloon we dined at last time. The food there was incredible.
When we have finished up lunch we will return to the plant and spend the afternoon playing with goodies in the state of the art casing and injection studio. As I understand it Kyle has some un-announced, new molds and/or proto-type molds that we can play with and challenge ourselves. At the last get together a lot of techniques were shown first hand and people tried them for themselves. One cannot fully understand how beneficial this time is for both those playing with these new items and techniques and for the Do-It staff.

The Do-It facility closes at 5PM Friday, so we should try to wrap up things by that time. Many will be leaving directly from Do-It for home, some I am sure will opt to stay another night due to travel times. Regardless, safe travel is the important thing....please stay mindful of that.

I'll take a second to thank all of you who are attending this event. Its your time and interest and talents that help to make Do-It the kingpin of tacklecrafting. And to the staff of Do-It from us attending, thank you all for allowing us to come into your realm and thank you for taking time to show us how things are done. I have been thru the Do-It plant many times and every time I take the tour again I am just flat out in awe of how this company makes things that we pretty much take for granted.

So tomorrow is the day. Anyone with questions can feel free to pm me and I'will help any way I can.
« Last Edit: 01/18/17 16:13 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline superharmonix

• Lunker
Re: The Get-together Itinerary.....
« Reply #1 on: 01/18/17 13:13 UTC »
Man I wish I was able to make it!  Maybe next year!  I wish you all safe travels and a blessed time gathering with each other!  I will be there in spirit.  :)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 01/18/17 16:16 UTC »
We'll get people together Thursday in the casual lounge just off the front desk at Cobblestone. There may be a conflict with their meeting room. Can't miss us.

Also, Kyle made reservations for the Do-It group at Water Street Grill and we will be upstairs there in case anyone is looking for us.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/18/17 16:44 UTC »
Man, wish I could make this year but due to some unforeseen conflicts I will have to bow out . Thanks for all that have a hand in such a great company and event.

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 01/18/17 16:46 UTC »
Good luck guys, be careful wish I could attend and maybe one year I'll be able to. Hope you all have a great time.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #5 on: 01/18/17 18:12 UTC »
I will be there in early afternoon. Sure wish the rest off you could make it but sometimes things don't work out and well be thinking of yeah.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/18/17 18:20 UTC »
Thanks for the update Tom

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/19/17 06:57 UTC »
Sorry to say I won't be making this one.  :(  Hopefully things will work out for me and I can make it next year if the invite still stands. Travel safe everyone.

Offline jkwildhunting

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 01/20/17 06:19 UTC »
Have fun to All who are in Denver,  Iowa today!!!
Joe
Fish On

Offline tom1441

• Kicker
« Reply #9 on: 01/20/17 06:41 UTC »
Sorry I couldn't make this one but a conflict in flights wouldn't allow be to make this one. I sure enjoyed the lsat one. Everyone is in for a good time

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 01/20/17 09:26 UTC »
Would love to be there!!  Travel safe all!!

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 01/20/17 16:24 UTC »
If anyone made it out of do-it with their pockets full of new/prototype molds please pm me for my address. I'd like to borrow a few for about a week. No questions asked. Willing to pay a rental fee!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 01/20/17 18:51 UTC »
I don't know what all was in there but Walleye Wacker's pants hung down to his knees even with those 4" wide suspender straps and his pockets were way stressed out. I know he had powder paint boucou. And glitter. And tinsel. And hi lite powders. And glow stuff. Possibly some hooks. More than possibly some hooks, yes. He had an instruction booklet for something but looked confused so I didn't ask. You know....nice guy that I am. For the most part I was busy playing with plastic so I have no idea about molds other that Do-It having grand plans somewhere down the road.....good things come to those who wait ya know.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 01/20/17 20:07 UTC »
Lol????

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #14 on: 01/20/17 20:45 UTC »
Can't say enough about the team at DO-IT there are a range of molds in the works. And like Tom said great things are worth the wait. The ability to see the molds in person and pour them is priceless. And see old friends and meet new ones. I think there might be a trip over in the fall for walleye's in the works for me. There is a great selection of places to get a great eye. Tom did some of his masterful hand pour and injected hilite pours.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN