Author Topic: The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!  (Read 13842 times)

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
Re: The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 01/20/17 21:12 UTC »
I agree with everything said. Today was a fantastic day. I'm exited about some of the new molds in the works.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 01/20/17 21:21 UTC »
Sounds like a very good event. Going to have to try harder next year to keep my calendar open for it.

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #17 on: 01/20/17 22:05 UTC »
I really had a great time, and would like to thank everyone at do-it. It was great to meet and put faces to names. Thanks to everyone you all made me feel welcome, thanks for the demonstrations.
"Anything that makes you giggle,smile,or laugh Buy It or Marry It!

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 01/20/17 22:11 UTC »
I don't know what all was in there but Walleye Wacker's pants hung down to his knees even with those 4" wide suspender straps and his pockets were way stressed out. I know he had powder paint boucou. And glitter. And tinsel. And hi lite powders. And glow stuff. Possibly some hooks. More than possibly some hooks, yes. He had an instruction booklet for something but looked confused so I didn't ask. You know....nice guy that I am. For the most part I was busy playing with plastic so I have no idea about molds other that Do-It having grand plans somewhere down the road.....good things come to those who wait ya know.

Nice try at playing innocent, Tom, but you looked a little heavier on your way out too... and it wasn't just the donuts!  However, to his credit, Tom showed us how easy it is to make some real eye catching plastics.  I'm not sure if the skills were derived of passion or because he was passing time holed up in the garage when his wife changed the locks on the house... regardless, he has the ideas (and patience) to make some fantastic stuff.

Of all the products tested - both known to the public and yet to be revealed - I must say the squiggle skirt was the most impressive to me.   In the tank test, it looked absolutely killer underwater.  I had it on a shaky head and Gary had it swimming in the current; in both cases it was very lively and different from what the fish might normally see... and sometimes that is the edge that you need to catch fish when others aren't.

Good people, good stories, good fun, and good goodies.  I can't imagine a more enjoyable day (unless maybe Denny and Mo would have been there).  Thank you, Do-it!

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #19 on: 01/20/17 22:50 UTC »
[I can't imagine a more enjoyable day (unless maybe Denny and Mo would have been there). 
[/quote]

Me...it would have been epic.

Mo...not so much.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 01/21/17 08:13 UTC »
I was really bummed you couldn't make it.  :'(

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 01/21/17 09:01 UTC »
Lol????

Not to fear bud.....I planned to spill the beans this morning.

The Do-It team has been busy and when they mentioned that as part of this year's event they'd share with us the up-coming ideas for molds they want to put on the market, the guys got sort of giddy. Immediately after the plant tour on day two we all had the opportunity to get our hands on the many molds being worked on, many as proto types. I think there were maybe a dozen new ones, some baits in a couple size variations. I can tell you that the bass and salt guys are going to be experiencing some light wallets in the near future.  That same afternoon we were allowed to work with these molds.

I had a couple requests to work with the hi lite brushing and line color techniques I enjoy making while others dug thru the molds that were there for us to test and then tank tested the baits extensively. The injection table was a very busy place for several hours. Then to top it off there were a couple loooong tables of product that has been dis-continued or obsoleted or broken packing.....everything from rubber for skirts, to hooks, to powder paint, to glitter, to colorants, to plastic to, yes, even to molds that had slight defects. So when I said that Walleye Wacker left heavy in the pockets I should have added that he was hauling a large box that really had weight. We all did. Our tour guide, Mark, was pretty straight forward about these tables saying either you guys take it or we trash it. So.....I think us guys showed our pack-rat sides to the Do-It team. lol On the way home Carole said "Don't talk to me about picking up stuff I don't need." I have no idea what prompted that comment.

Really though, nobody came away with new molds as they have not been released yet. I'm not even sure that they have gotten past the proto-type designation yet. Soon though, we were told.

This was another great, great event and to all of the Do-It team, especially Ryan, Jason, Mark and Kyle, I'll extend a huge thank you for all that you hosted. Its getting hard to find time to put something like this together on all fronts and I'm happy we were able to get this scheduled. Ryan and Jason were literally in Vegas as people began arriving. Ryan made it to the dinner on Thursday evening and on Friday morning Jason had returned and was there to greet us. Kyle and Mark did a superb job of leading us thru the day and Jordan....well, Jordan they kept busy but being able to share some time with him is always a super treat. I'd be remiss in not extending the thank you to all of the Do-It employees as they again showed us a bang up tour and then there are those who make sure that things get done to keep things clicking and that we don't get to share time with. To all of Do-It, thank you! And to all of the guys who attended this, thank you for your desire to share what you know and thank you for helping us all come together again. Until the next time........
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 01/21/17 09:23 UTC »
Did anyone get a video of the Squiggle tail tube?  I bought that mold right after it came out and the baits look killer...but I don't have a tank to test it.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 01/21/17 09:30 UTC »
No video but Efishnc spent a lot of time playing with tubes shot using the tail you mention and it looked killer in my opinion.....lots of action with very little  movement of the jig/tube.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 01/21/17 17:00 UTC »
Just wanted to add my thank you to all the Do-it guys. It was a super time!

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 01/22/17 08:53 UTC »
  Sounds like a good time, hope to make the trip next year.

No group photo? You guys are slacking.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #26 on: 01/22/17 20:45 UTC »
Somebody (I think Tom's wife) took a group photo... hopefully it will get posted in the near future.

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #27 on: 01/23/17 09:01 UTC »
It was a great gathering.  Thanks to the entire staff at Do-It allowing us to wander around their world for the day.  Great people.  It was my second time seeing the manufacturing process and it's still fascinating. 

Great to get a sneak peek at what's in the works for the future. 

Outstanding to spend a day with some of the really creative contributors to this forum family.  Beautiful work you guys do.

Hope everyone got home safe.  About 180 of my 270 mile drive was in some of the worst fog I have seen.  Coming out late Thursday night it was on and off dense fog in 5-10 mile stretches, but going home was solid fog from Denver to Madison WI where it went to rain and cleared up quite a bit. 

Marc

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #28 on: 01/23/17 09:43 UTC »
Somebody (I think Tom's wife) took a group photo... hopefully it will get posted in the near future.

Nope, not from the CT camp E. My camera died right after the one picture I was able to get.

Someone from the shop told me that if food was involved along the way that I should take care to keep my hands and fingers away from Jordan's plate should I end up next to him. Well, I did end up next to him and thought I'd share with ya'll the perils of dining next to this guy.....

The guy is a beast....
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #29 on: 01/23/17 11:15 UTC »
The guy is a beast....

I agree - he looked a lot meaner than when I first met him - I was actually a little scared!