Author Topic: Respirator advice for noob  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Bass Junkie

• Minnow
Respirator advice for noob
« on: 05/16/17 00:19 UTC »
Hi all,

I'm looking for a respirator and wanted to check if something like this would work:

3M(TM) Half Facepiece Respirator Assembly 6291/07002(AAD), Medium, with 3M(TM) Particulate Filters 2091/07000(AAD), P100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FTEDMM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hQOgzbED61DNK

And, how often would I need to replace the filters?

I will be working in a well ventilated area (outside on my balcony).

Thanks so much!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: Respirator advice for noob
« Reply #1 on: 05/16/17 05:57 UTC »
That should be plenty good enough, especially out on your balcony. The filters should last close to a year under those conditions. There will be filter replacement recommendations included with the respirator when you buy it.
Welcome to custombaits.com Bass Junkie.

Offline Bass Junkie

• Minnow
Respirator advice for noob
« Reply #2 on: 05/16/17 07:20 UTC »
That should be plenty good enough, especially out on your balcony. The filters should last close to a year under those conditions. There will be filter replacement recommendations included with the respirator when you buy it.
Welcome to custombaits.com Bass Junkie.
Awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #3 on: 05/16/17 08:39 UTC »
Quote from: Bass Junkie link=topic=9931.msg77005#msg77005 date=1494911960

I will be working in a well ventilated area (outside on my balcony).

Thanks so much!
[/quote

Welcome to the forum, Bass Junkie.  Be careful when pouring outside.  Rain, snow, dew, kids, sprinklers, dogs, drips, distractions, sunlight, wind, screaming wife's and a myriad of other things beyond your control can turn an otherwise idelic day into a nightmare.  Ventilation is a biggie, but it's only one of many.  Have fun, but be safe.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/16/17 08:46 UTC »
per Denny...."otherwise idelic day"

Its idyllic. Hi to Rosemary from Carole and I.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #5 on: 05/16/17 10:19 UTC »
per Denny...."otherwise idelic day"

Its idyllic. Hi to Rosemary from Carole and I.

Whatever!
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/16/17 11:58 UTC »
I would recommend the 3M Respirator with vapor filters available at most big box home improvement stores.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Medium-House-Hold-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-65021HA1-C/202080143

A particulate filter is good for dust and fine fibers but doesn't do much to filter the vapor. Whenever I'm not using it I seal it in a zip lock bag so it lasts longer.

Andy
« Last Edit: 05/16/17 14:26 UTC by andrewlamberson »
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 08/26/17 20:54 UTC »
At the expense of digging up a old topic I'd like to drop off a bit of info from years of selling respirators to paint and body shops and using them my self on my side jobs. The cartridges have 40 hours of life outside the bag doesn't matter the brand. As long as you get a good seal on the bag when not in use it will last you awhile.

I see everyone tossing around the 3M respirators don't get me wrong they make a nice product but that 3M logo will cost you an extra 25% or more  and that's for all 3M products. My 3M rep is a great guy and I want to see his kids fed but a lot of my job is to educate the customer.

SAS safety made a great respirator called a bandit that we sold for $16 compared to the 3M 7192/93  that is now pushing $27 it was $23 a year ago. SAS dropped the bandit because of a problem getting a raw material used in it earlier this year. Our new top seller is made by Gerson it's about $18 and is just as good at filtering out partials and will last just as long as stored properly.

If you can find a SAS Bandit online jump on it.

Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 08/26/17 22:14 UTC »
Thanks for the info Paneltruck. It's nice to hear from a guy in the know.

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #9 on: 08/27/17 00:12 UTC »
I have thousands of hours wearing respirators both full face and half mask APR's and supplied air in the oil and gas as well as mining industries.
We always use North respirators and cartridges.
We work with some nasty stuff at times and they have always preformed well.
The cartridges the op is asking about as was said are only good for airborn particles and dust. They will do nothing for fumes or vapors. For that you need  OV (organic vapor) cartridges.
We change out our cartridges daily (we work 12 hour days)as instructed by our industry professionals(safety personnel and Industrial hygenists).
They might well last longer but where I work we don't take chances with our health.
I can guarantee you without using respirators and doing what I do and have done I would be dead long ago from lead poisioning, benzene, calcium hypochlorite. and a laundry list of hazardous chemical fumes.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk