Author Topic: Midwest Finesse Rig  (Read 10850 times)

Offline chubs

• Keeper
Re: Midwest Finesse Rig
« Reply #30 on: 10/08/18 09:36 UTC »
The essential series plastic will not float on its own even when  pored just strait up, it flat out sinks. So when you you use it with the midwest finesse jig it falls over. When using this set up the worm is supposed "float" so that the jig stands straight up to impart its action and not fall over. When I used the crystal clear soft plastisol the rig works like it should because the plastic floats with color and flake added to it.

So what does the word float mean? sink
« Last Edit: 10/08/18 09:53 UTC by chubs »

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #31 on: 10/09/18 09:14 UTC »
It says it right in the description for the Midwest finesse rig plastic mold on the do- it website.
I see it now. It really shouldn't say "float". It will stand up with the midwest finesse head but that is because of the head not the plastic. Even though it does float for a little while on it's own it doesn't take long in the water to absorb enough water to make in sink.
« Last Edit: 10/09/18 09:17 UTC by Mike J »

Offline chubs

• Keeper
« Reply #32 on: 10/09/18 10:55 UTC »
Yes it shouldn't say float. I was messing around at a buddies place  scuba diving so we decided to drop some baits(midwest finesse rigs) down and see how they react in the water. Every time the bait would fall over on the bottom when using the essential series plastisol. Then we tried it with the crystal clear the bait stud up all the time like it should. No salt was used at all in the baits just 4 drops of green pumpkin and a smidge of red glitter sold by do-it. Then when we were done we dropped the worms in the water and the essential series plastic worm sunk and the crystal clear worm floated. If i would have known this I would have never bought 2.5 gallons of essential series plastisol. The good thing that i learned out the test was I don't need to use as much salt in my seiko style baits when using essential series plastisol.