Author Topic: Soft plastic modifications are not only my inventions but yours to reproduce  (Read 1170 times)

Offline senkosam

• Kicker
deleted
« Last Edit: 12/10/23 09:47 UTC by senkosam »

Offline TomBoy Baits

• Minnow
    • TomBoy Baits
Question: have you discovered lures you know outproduce others in the same category?
There are thousands of lures sold in the past and present that did or did not do well that anglers have wasted money buying. Too bad there was never a return policy all those years. But all of us on custombaits don't have to rely on companies to buy lures at high prices - some not worth a dime.

I've come up with soft-plastic lure-modification folders that have photos of lures that I should keep on hand knowing that they catch freshwater fish of most fish species more times than not. The nice thing about the different shapes is that they exhibit different actions using the same retrieve. The other thing is that fish at different activity levels strike them basically for reasons related to lure action and nothing beyond that based on scientific proof.

These folders contain individual lure designs that each have unique actions that fish strike:
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

If you own lures that have similar parts, you can make your own using a candle to join them. These have never be produced by any company yet out-catch most soft plastic and even hard lures on the market. I posted on another forum that I took a relative fishing that had never held a fishing rod and he caught fish for the first time using different designs. This was the first fish he ever caught: [ Invalid Attachment ]
With my help locating fish, he caught two of the largest yellow perch of the outing. Again, no experience catching fish. He did want to know what prey animal they represented but after catching fish on 4 different designs, he understood my comment, they represent nothing in nature but do affect fish senses in certain ways that make them strike.

I clicked on the pic but it didn't do any thing... i would like to see what all you are talking about... I think it would be cool! thank you!
+ Attachments and other options you!
Just a plain jane country girl that's in love with BASS fishing and BAIT making! TomBoy Baits is my brand! I make UNIQUE baits that are not your grandfather's type of baits! Remember TomBoy Baits.. Because there's nothing wrong with being DIFFERENT!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
It so awesome when you so and make different bait’s out a two different mold’s.To make or three and have it work out to be a real fish catcher. And then next thing is when we’re out and your catching fish around local and weekend fisherman and the always as they ask what are you using and and if they can show them what you were using and when you do some try to figure How made it and when you tell them you did and they don’t believe

May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Awesome job senkosam! Going out Sunday to try Neely Henry lake for the first time. I'll have to give some smaller baits a shot there. Your posts are motivating!