Author Topic: Good plastisol for senkos?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Brandonh36898

• Minnow
Good plastisol for senkos?
« on: 11/21/21 21:31 UTC »
The stuff i went with i believe is 536 by lure craft is to soft /flimsy

Looking for something a little harder?

Im sure yall know whats best to go with

Yall have been a huge help

I got a pm from a guy for some reason i cant respond
I appreciate the help. thanks

Offline anyfish

• Kicker
Re: Good plastisol for senkos?
« Reply #1 on: 11/21/21 21:40 UTC »
I havent tried the plastisol you have, but you should be able to add hardener to firm it up.  Here is a link to the one Do It sells https://store.do-itmolds.com/Crystal-Clear-Hardener-Pint_p_306.html

I just buy medium plastisol and then use hardener or softener to adjust as needed.

Hope it helps.

Offline Bass Boys

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 11/22/21 03:52 UTC »
Are you adding salt to your senko's ?
 That will firm um up some - if you like salt in your baits.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/22/21 06:40 UTC »
Do-It's Essential plastic is a nice plastic to work with.

Salt will definitely stiffen the plastic but will also make them about a one fish bait. Do-It's HD sinking additive makes even the Essential plastic tougher, with guys reporting 6-8 fish on a worm instead of one or two using salted worms. If you want tougher without the weight, the hardener will help with too soft of plastic.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/22/21 09:41 UTC »
Like anyfish, I just use medium and softner/hardener to my taste.  Sink rate is a different matter as all plastics that I am familiar with float, unless they have an additive in them that makes them sink,  However even a plastisol that is advertised as "floating" will sink with a hook thru the snout.  Experiments are fun and can lead you down the path you want to take.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/22/21 14:57 UTC »

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/22/21 17:39 UTC »
Do-It's Essential plastic is a nice plastic to work with.

Salt will definitely stiffen the plastic but will also make them about a one fish bait. Do-It's HD sinking additive makes even the Essential plastic tougher, with guys reporting 6-8 fish on a worm instead of one or two using salted worms. If you want tougher without the weight, the hardener will help with too soft of plastic.

Seriously ? Use this. It's as good as anything that's out there. Take it from an old guy that's been doing it for years.