Author Topic: shiner  (Read 2446 times)

Offline billygee

• Kicker
Re: shiner
« Reply #15 on: 04/24/19 13:06 UTC »
Tom

All those baits awesome

Interested in applying airbrush tweeks to some soft bait I have
Now what are you using in the airbrush to acquire results that ?

billygee

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 04/24/19 16:02 UTC »
I just mixed the color shifting pigment into clear Createx Top coat, thinned it with reducer to almost water-like consistency then very lightly applies three thin coats to the black backs. I gave a couple seconds of dry time between the coats then hung the baits to dry completely for 24 hours. I set the rack with the plastics in a very dry, dehumidified room to dry them. Once dry I gave them the clear plastic cover dip.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 04/24/19 16:28 UTC »
Here's a picture showing the bait rack with a couple of the baits hanging. These have not been sprayed yet and just help show how I hang them. You can see the wire hangers I make by cutting large paper clips off. The long end simply slips into the nose end of the bait. I hold the wire to spray them and the baits stay fairly straight while handling them plus it helps keep paint off the fingers.

I use the other half, the smaller half, of the paper clips to use as hard bait hangers for doing the crank baits with the air brush. I just trim the remainder so there's two hooks, one longer that gets the crankbait while the short hook goes on the rods of the hanger. Works darned slick and two bucks for those larger clips makes a hundred or more.

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #18 on: 04/24/19 17:10 UTC »
Tom

Guess shifting pigment mix was my question
Is that do-its hyper hilites your referring to ?

billygee

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 04/24/19 18:35 UTC »
No. The pigments I use are for automotive paints and fingernail polish. The hi lites can used as I described though.

Billy, so we don't further hijack Dob's thread open a new one where we can chat without taking away from his baits.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 04/25/19 09:15 UTC »
BillyGee I sent you a PM.

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #21 on: 04/25/19 13:19 UTC »
Tom & Dobyns Triton

Just read the post
Got the PM an apologize for the hijacking

past couple days had a lot going on the to-do list 
playing catch now and was about to post a thread
see ctom beat me to it

billygee

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 04/25/19 15:24 UTC »
Dobs makes some amazing baits. Most recently those using an airbrush to get his unique effects  came along about the time I was going to show some stuff done using an airbrush on soft plastics so I tossed my picture in to show it can be done. I'm the one who should be apologizing for the hijack.

I don't know how Dobs does it but he creates some super clean baits with amazing three and even four color formats.

I'm loving the air brush on both hard baits and most recently on some soft plastics, but I can't compete with Dob. I own the hijack so please accept my apologizes dobynstriton.