Author Topic: Emberglow color shift....  (Read 304 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Emberglow color shift....
« on: 04/15/19 08:59 UTC »
Using the new clear gloss powder coat I just got I mixed a bit of Emberglow color shift pigment to about 1/4 ounce of the clear. I painted a few jigs black then ran a couple thru the Emberglow concoction and this is what I got.

The Emberglow shifts from green to gold to red and can be seen in all three colors here in this picture. Its a little grainier than the airbrush can handle but in the clear as a top coat over black its just something else.

I did learn that just one quick whiff thru the clear is all one needs to do....no double swirling here or you load the detail of the heads.

My plan is to make the 1/4 ounce batches of clear with every color shift I have and simply store these as the clear product arrived....in zip locks. Just pour into a cup for painting, then back in the bag. I'll write color shift name on each respective bag for quick acquisition.

This Emberglow was donated to me and I've been threatening to do something with it and its found its niche now. Really, really pretty stuff on black.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Emberglow color shift....
« Reply #1 on: 04/15/19 09:31 UTC »
It’s to bad that are cameras can’t do justice to what we are trying to show.  Nice color Tom

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 04/15/19 13:31 UTC »
ctom

when you say you first painted a few jigs black
was that powder coated as well?

billygee

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/15/19 16:02 UTC »
For the ones used in this little trial, yes they were powder painted solid black. Black is what the majority of the color shift pigments I have is called for as a base color. I have used other real dark colors but the effects from the color shift is reduced. Black is best, as recommended.

Some of these color shifts are also listed to be used with a white base coat. As I play with these and post pictures I'll include a jig done with the white base along with the jig using the black base so the difference can be seen.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 04/22/19 03:41 UTC »
Always a pleasure to seeing your beautiful works of art Tom