Author Topic: high density sinking additive and laminate/duel injected colors  (Read 252 times)

Offline John Banholzer

• Minnow
When using the Do-it sinking additive (HDSA) and pouring laminate or duel injected colors is it better to use some HDSA in both colors or just the color that will be the bottom side (belly) of the bait?

Offline Lines

• Lunker
That's a good question. I don't use the additive, but would guess the bottom would be the color for it. I would like to hear what the experienced bait makers think on this.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
I have used it in a lam but put it in both colors. Didn’t experiment with it in only one color. My sticks laminated fine with it in both sides. If you put it in stickbaits and rig them wacky style with an oring, they will last forever. Makes a very durable bait. Personally, I like the stuff.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
  I normally use it in the whole bait. Normally just in darker baits because it will cloud the color a little but like said will make it very durable. I'm always playing around with different baits and weights and hooks. Alway trying to get them to do something different then what everyone else is doing. Doing half of the bait in a laminate is interesting. Just wondering if you made a senko with the dark half weighted and the light half non weighted and then wacky rig it so the light side was down. Would the senko keep trying to roll over and fight the weight of the hook ?

What's scary is I'm starting to sound like Bones here. That would be one of his inventions.

Offline John Banholzer

• Minnow
  I normally use it in the whole bait. Normally just in darker baits because it will cloud the color a little but like said will make it very durable. I'm always playing around with different baits and weights and hooks. Alway trying to get them to do something different then what everyone else is doing. Doing half of the bait in a laminate is interesting. Just wondering if you made a senko with the dark half weighted and the light half non weighted and then wacky rig it so the light side was down. Would the senko keep trying to roll over and fight the weight of the hook ?

What's scary is I'm starting to sound like Bones here. That would be one of his inventions.

Lamar, the senko bait was the one I was thinking about it on doing like a morning dawn color laminate.  Just seeing if anyone else had tried it