Author Topic: Illusion paint job  (Read 2061 times)

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
Illusion paint job
« on: 05/17/14 14:10 UTC »
Here is an illusion paint job similar to the one sold by BOSS. This is slightly different as I used silver vein powder paint by Columbia Coating and transparent green and transparent chartreuse from Real Pro Sport Fishing out of Canada. The jig on the left is a 1/4oz ball jig and the right side is a 1/8oz shaky head. The biggest difference is the Columbia Coatings silver vein powder forms smaller pockets of black so the jig has a darker appearance when the transparent coat is applied over top. The main thing when doing this type of paint is you need to do a quick 8-10 minute cure on the silver vein paint as the "veins" don't fully form until it starts curing, then once the partial cure is finished, let the jig cool and then heat and apply the color over top, if you try to do it when it is still hot it will get too dark as the color will blend in with the veined paint instead of on top of it.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Illusion paint job
« Reply #1 on: 05/17/14 14:44 UTC »
I've looked at the same products but I have enough on my plate with plastic. Fantastic looking paint jobs though. You sure have a knack with the powder paint.

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/17/14 14:50 UTC »
Nice buddy!!!!!! 

Offline Painter1

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 05/20/14 21:25 UTC »
Those look great.  Thanks for sharing how you do it.  I have the illusion paint from Boss and will try your method