Author Topic: Its time to get together!  (Read 54823 times)

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Its time to get together!
« Reply #30 on: 11/22/16 11:16 UTC »
Have a safe and awesome trip Lamar!!!!!!
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #31 on: 11/22/16 11:17 UTC »
I'm still planning on it.  I cant stay overnight so I will be getting up early and making the drive.
Marc

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #32 on: 12/02/16 19:42 UTC »
I'm in but need some more info as to where to make my hotel reservation. Thanks
"Anything that makes you giggle,smile,or laugh Buy It or Marry It!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #33 on: 12/02/16 20:09 UTC »
I'm in but need some more info as to where to make my hotel reservation. Thanks

Here ya go Griz....

http://www.staycobblestone.com/ia/waverly/
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #34 on: 12/20/16 11:01 UTC »
Only four weeks until the get together!! Hope for good weather.

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #35 on: 01/03/17 11:36 UTC »
Sometimes life gets in the way.  Put up with me as I explain what I'm talking about.

I turned 70 last year and things seemed to go downhill.  In June, I unexpectently passed out at home which resulted in a trip to the ER and a four day hospital stay.  They poked and probed, but couldn't find anything wrong.  I was discharged, but had to wear a heart monitor for 30 days.  They also took me off one of my heart meds.

A couple weeks later I went in for a treadmill test.  A few minutes into the test the RN administering the test said something was abnormally wrong, ripped the graph paper off the machine, and literally ran from the room in search of a doctor. I sent another several hours at the hospital but, again, they could find nothing wrong. They took me off another of my heart meds.

Over the next several months, I had three more trips to the ER, two by ambulance.  Same results. Bottom line... I had been in the hospital four times. They had taken me off three of the heart medications I had been taking and they had reduced the fourth medication by 50%. I was feeling great without any additional episodes. I had lost another 15 pounds or so (168 now) and felt terrific.  Yahoo!

The Yahoo was short lived.  Last Friday morning I had just gotten out of the shower and was shaving.   The next thing I remember I was walking into the bedroom holding the back of my head. I told TPO, "I think I fell".  She looked at the blood stained pillow and lickedly-split, we're one the way back to the ER.  Three staples, two cat scans, IV, took what seemed to be a gallon of blood, peeing into a plastic thing while lying down, etc, etc, etc.  "Everything looks fine, but we are going to put you on another 30 day heart monitor."

A couple other things of note.  I"ve recently had some skin cancers removed, two of which had to be cut out and biopsied.  All is well, but I have to do a skin rinse on my head, face, hands and arms.  TPO says the rinse is like a liquid chemo.  It peels a couple layers of skin off.  It makes you look like someone auditioning for the Living Dead.  It takes about a month and I start this week.  My biggest fear is that I'll be looking like Tom for a while.

Lastly, I was recently diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes.  (I've  have the surgery on both eyes and everything went fine.  I should be re-examined for glasses sometime next week.).  Of more concern was that during my initial examination for the cataracts I was told I have the very beginning's of macular degeneration in both eyes. I was told that there was no cure for macular degeneration and that the end result is blindness.  I was  also told that the progression of the disease was "extremely" slow. When asked what "extremely" meant I got a typical lawyer answer..."It depends".

So, for the above stated reasons, I will not be able to attend this year's "get together". I am in hopes, however, that all of you have a wonderful time at the event.  For you first-timers, you will experience what an incredible company Do-It is and how much they appreciate your participation in the forum.  You, individually and corporately, make a huge contribution to the continued success of the company.  To you old timers, I have it on pretty good authority that the "sticky fingers" issue that has been overlooked in the past will not be overlooked again. In fact, they will have armed plainclothes mercenaries walking the isles.  Forewarned is forearmed.

Have a great time.

Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #36 on: 01/03/17 11:56 UTC »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune you will be missed at the get together. I'll be praying for a complete recovery for you.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #37 on: 01/03/17 13:49 UTC »
Its been a real saga with Denny. I'm sure happy that Carole  and I got to hang out with Rosemary and Denny while he was less at issue with things, but I'm confident we can get him fixed up and on the mend. He's tough.

I will miss the two of them at the get together. If you haven't met Denny in person you have truly come up short on life's finer people.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #38 on: 01/03/17 13:59 UTC »
Of more concern was that during my initial examination for the cataracts I was told I have the very beginning's of macular degeneration in both eyes. I was told that there was no cure for macular degeneration and that the end result is blindness.

Hmmm... Grampa told me something else starting with "m" leads to blindness.   :-X

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #39 on: 01/03/17 14:15 UTC »
Oh Lord.....he's on to you Denny. Now you have to give up the Twitchy Minnow.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #40 on: 01/03/17 14:23 UTC »
Hmmm... Grampa told me something else starting with "m" leads to blindness?

Nah...I gave that up a couple years ago.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
« Reply #41 on: 01/03/17 16:39 UTC »
Denny, we will miss you.  Get healed up, there will be another time.

Offline superharmonix

• Lunker
« Reply #42 on: 01/03/17 16:51 UTC »
As much as I want to go, I won't be able to make it either due to Sgt Major Wife and my upcoming big move down south.  Maybe next year, or who knows maybe we will have to have another "warm weather" get together down in the bayou.

Denny- I love ya, brother!   Thank you for sharing with us so those of us who pray know how to be praying for you and TPO, and those who don't can stay caught up with you!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #43 on: 01/03/17 17:02 UTC »
  Denny I love ya brother. It's the sucky part of getting older. We just fall apart and if we're lucky ( or not ) all the people we love go before us. I'm not much into praying but I do talk to the above and I'll put a word in for ya. In the end I'm going to meet you someday. I know that because it's what we do. It's a fisherman's code. Take time and heal. I'll be thinking of ya.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #44 on: 01/03/17 18:24 UTC »
Your post was on my mind all afternoon Denny. Thoughts and prayers.

Still hoping I can make the get together myself.