Author Topic: Big thanks to my Radioligist  (Read 474 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Big thanks to my Radioligist
« on: 09/29/20 06:52 UTC »
The first of September every year I go in to have my lungs scanned due to a small spot being found while being treated for another ailment.  This was the same as the last three.  Size remained the same and no reason for worry.  A few hours later my Doc calls and says the radioligist informed him that I have an abnormal amount of calcium deposits in my heart and recommended a calcium scoring test.  I agreed and a few days later went in for the test.  A moderate amount of calcium is considered to be between 101 and 400.  My score? 2325.7.   I go in for a heart stress test tomorrow and thursday and we will go from there.  I have been on a diet since then and so far have lost 9 pounds and completely cut out sweets and fatty foods.  Hopefully this can be reversed, I ain't ready to stop fishin yet
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Big thanks to my Radioligist
« Reply #1 on: 09/29/20 07:12 UTC »
Your smart! If you do as your doctors tell you; you will live a long and more healthful life. To many people don't go to the doctor until it's to late. I'm a type two diabetic and I've also had a full hip replacement also about five skin cancers removed. I can still fish, garden and enjoy life. I'm 72 and don't plan on giving up any of my outside activties!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 09/29/20 11:06 UTC »
Hope things go well for you olsarge and things stay well with you Gary. I’m seating at the treatment clinic I’ve got stage 4 lung cancer and I’m on my second treatment the last 2 months has been in and out of hospital collapsed lung and DVT clot. But other than that ok. 2 Nd chest tube this year and I’ve had this on in for 2 months do to a air leak and drainage.
« Last Edit: 09/29/20 11:47 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/20 11:49 UTC »
Must be the vogue right now. I see the doc again on Thursday. Just making sure the last new med is treating me well.

Prayers to you other two. That lung cancer stuff is nothing to mess with. I was just at a good fishing and hunting friend's visitation yesterday. He died in his sleep from COPD. He was just in the hospital for a little touch up to get him breathing easier and discovered he had stomach cancer to boot. He was home from the hospital two days and as mentioned died in his sleep.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 09/29/20 12:37 UTC »
Olsarge, sending prayers up for you today. My older sister is going through much of the same as all you guys have mentioned.
Asking God to help and hold you all.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #5 on: 09/29/20 12:46 UTC »
Sorry for the loss of your friend Tom. Hope all here that are ill get back to health and live a long life. 8)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/29/20 14:39 UTC »
And the bad news just never stops.  Just found out my wife's lung cancer has migrated to her brain.  I will be so happy when this #$@%@#$$#@  year is over.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 09/29/20 16:08 UTC »
We're a close community here Sarge. Know that prayers are being passed for your wife's healing and for your well being as well.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 09/29/20 16:29 UTC »
Praying for a full recovery for your wife and you Sarge.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #9 on: 09/29/20 16:54 UTC »
olsarge Praying for a recovery for your wife and you. There has been to many losses this year. We all need the end this year on a good note.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 09/29/20 19:53 UTC »
Prayers sent.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 09/29/20 20:24 UTC »
olsarge Praying for a recovery for your wife and you. There has been to many losses this year. We all need the end this year on a good note.

Amen brother

Offline alwrenn

• Kicker
« Reply #12 on: 09/29/20 20:58 UTC »
I'm loving the FIGHT in you Olsarge!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #13 on: 09/29/20 22:33 UTC »
We’re all in the hands of a higher power my he touch with a healing hand all that are ill. Amen

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 09/30/20 09:50 UTC »
All of you are in our thoughts and prayers.  Hoping for the best.